STEP 1: DETERMINE THE SCHOOL
Every child who attends St. Michael-Albertville Schools is assigned to a school, with the exception of preschool students which do not have attendance areas. Each STMA school has an attendance boundary. Generally, all students who live within the attendance boundary attend their assigned school. To identify your child’s school, review policy #551 or contact Shannon Foreman.
*Preschool programs do not have attendance areas. Parent/Guardians enrolling their child in a preschool should contact the Bright Beginnings Program at the Community Education Center at 763-497-6550.
STEP 2: GET TO KNOW THE SCHOOL
Once you have determined the school your child(ren) will attend, explore the school's website. Schools are listed at the top of the district website. Contact the representative from each building listed below to schedule a tour or to ask a question.
School/ Grade Contact Phone # Email
Bright Beginnings Jane Helgestad 763-497-6550 firstname.lastname@example.org
Albertville Primary Karen Sorenson 763-497-2688 email@example.com
Big Woods Elementary Carol Newman 763-497-8025 firstname.lastname@example.org
Fieldstone Elementary Jody Johanson 763-497-0904 email@example.com
St. Michael Elementary Denise Daleiden 763-497-4882 firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Michael-Albertville Middle School East Teri Odland 763-497-2655 email@example.com
St. Michael-Albertville Middle School West Katie Derauf 763-497-4524 firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Michael-Albertville Senior High Colleen Harrington 763-497-2192 email@example.com
STEP 3: ENROLL
The enrollment process occurs at each STMA school. The following information is required for all new students. Please note that if you have submitted open enrollment documents for your student(s), you still need to complete all enrollment materials listed below and submit them to the respective schools.
STEP 4: COMPLETE ALL OF THE FORMS LISTED BELOW
- Enrollment Packet
- Confidential Health Packet
- Student-Athlete Transfer Form * Only for students participating in high school athletics at STMA.
STEP 5: PROVIDE THE SCHOOL WITH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS
1. Proof of Residency (Bring one of the following)
- Current Driver's License or other ID with current address
- Current Utility Bill - Dated within 60 days
- Letter from Government Agency - dated within 60 days
- Lease Agreement - signed by lessee and lessor and show the lease period (Start Date - End Date)
- Purchase Agreement - signed agreement (by both the buyer and seller) with purchase date and address referenced / HUD verification with owner's name & address
2. Immunization Records
3. Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate
- Passport / Visa
- Official government document indicating child's full legal name and birthdate
- Previously verified school records
4. Staff will request your child’s transcript and special education records (if applicable) from your child’s previous school. If applicable, please provide any current court (legal) documents that may pertain to the education of this student.