Girls Swim & Dive Information
Coach Alanna Lau email: email@example.com
Competition: For Fall 2020, all fall activities will be an in house sport, meaning we will not be competing with schools outside of the district.
First Day of Practice: Thursday, September 10th for B group. First practice for A group will be Monday, September 14th. Practices are held at Middle School East Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday after school until 4:30. Please pick up your child at East by 4:45. There will be no practice on Wednesdays. There will be shuttle bus that will take West students over to Middle School East at the end of the school day.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through Affinety in ParentVue. Sports physicals can be sent to the middle school west main office attention to Ryan Antony, MSW Activities Director.
Here is the link to the physical form: Sports Qualifying Physical Examination
Registration: Registration will open online on Monday, August 17th. Registration information will be emailed to parents and guardians at that time. The activity fee is $75 for Fall 2020. If your family is on the reduced or free lunch plan, your fee is lower. The system should tell you how much you have to pay according to your lunch account status. If you think there is an error with the fee, please contact the MSW Activities Director at (763) 497-2655 ext. 5. Make sure your child has an active physical on file with the activities office or the system will not allow you to register.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School West, our athletes are ambassadors of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect our athletes’ behavior to be exceptional. We want our athletes to be positive role models for others to see and follow.
Schedule: The middle school fall activities will mirror the Hybrid academic model and will start on Thursday, September 10th. Students that are coming to school on A days (Monday and Tuesday) will participate on Mondays and Tuesdays. Students who are attending school on B days (Thursdays and Fridays) will participate on those days.
- Students may only participate with their group (A or B)
- Catholic School Students and students that have elected to do full distance learning will be placed into either an A group or B group. This may be done to balance numbers.
- The activity fee will be reduced in half from $150 to $75 to reflect this.
Important Policies to remember:
- Students need to be passing all of their classes to be on the team. The MSW activities director will check to see if participants are passing all of their classes at mid-tri.
- Students need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or that night. Students with a doctor’s appointment may be excused from this requirement if they have documentation from the doctor referencing the appointment. Make sure to bring this note from the doctor to MSW attendance secretary Mrs. Dodge
- Your coaches will expect the players to be at practice every day.
- Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes in your locker at all times. There will be some very cold days in the fall, dress smart.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face coverings need to be worn unless physically active.
- Students are separated into A/B schedules to limit numbers.
- Students need their own water bottles.