Middle School East Football Information
Competition: 2022 8th Grade Football Game Schedule
Football will start Monday, August 29th. First Practice and Equipment handout: Monday, August 29th and will be the equipment handout. Meet in the MSE main entrance atrium. 8th Graders should meet at 3:15 for equipment handout. 7th Graders should arrive at 4pm for equipment handout. Students do not need to stay after they have completed the equipment handout. Players will receive a helmet, jersey, pants, and pads. Players will provide their own mouth guard and cleats.
Prior to the start of the school year on September 6th, practice will start at 3:30 pm. Practices are held at Middle School East after school until 5:00. Please pick up your child at East by 5:15 each night.
1. Be on the field ready to practice every day by 3:20.
2. Bring your own water bottle to practices and competitions.
3. Please communicate with the coaching staff if you are going to miss practice. Unexcused absences will result in a loss of playing time. The best form of communication is by e-mail. The coach’s e-mail is listed on the school website.
4. Please remember that any problems with behavior or academics in school could lead to a loss of playing time.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in the activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SchoolSmartK12 on ParentVue.
Registration: Registration will open online on July 18th. Registration information will be emailed to parents and guardians at that time. The activity fee is $187.50. If your family is on the reduced or free lunch plan, your fee is lower. The system should tell you how much you have to pay according to your lunch account status. If you think there is an error with the fee, please contact the MSE Activities Director at (763) 497-2655 ext. 3003. Make sure your child has an active physical on file with the activities office or the system will not allow you to register.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, our athletes are ambassadors of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect our athletes’ behavior to be exceptional. We want our athletes to be positive role models for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Students need to be passing all of their classes to be on the Football team. The MSE activities director will check to see if players are passing all of their classes at mid-tri.
- Students need to be in class five full periods of the day in order to practice or compete that night. Students with a doctor’s appointment may be excused from this requirement if they have documentation from the doctor referencing the appointment. Make sure to bring this note from the doctor to MSE attendance secretary Ms. Bergen.
- Your coaches will expect the players to be at practice every day.
- Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes in your locker at all times. There will be some very cold days in the fall, dress smart.