2021-22 Middle School Girls Basketball Information
2021-22 Girls Basketball Season: Monday, November 1st-Thursday, December 23rd
Coaches: 7th Grade: Coach Rayford (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Coach Simmons (email@example.com)
8th Grade: Coach Breuer (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Coach Bezanson (email@example.com)
Schedule: Practices run Monday-Thursday 3:15-5:00 pm at Middle School West. Please pick players up from West no later than 5:15 pm.
Competition Schedule: Schedule is subject to revision: MS Girls Basketball Schedule
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The cost for registration is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school such as STMA online.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, our athletes are ambassadors of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect our athletes’ behavior to be exceptional. We want our athletes to be positive role models for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Students need to be passing all of their classes to be on the Basketball team. The MSE activities director will check to see if players are passing all of their classes at mid-tri and/or the end of the trimester.
- Students need to be in class five full periods of the day in order to practice or compete that night. Students with a doctor’s appointment may be excused from this requirement if they have documentation from the doctor referencing the appointment. Make sure to bring this note from the doctor to MSE attendance secretary Ms. Cashion.
- Your coaches will expect the players to be at practice every day.
- Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Face coverings need to be worn on busses.
Website: Your basketball team has its own website. Go to the www.stma.k12.mn.us, click on "our schools", click on “Middle School East”, then click on “activities”, and then click on “MSE athletics page”. From here you can access all the different sports pages. Your schedule, important information, and your coach’s email address can be found on your team web page. Eventually your team picture and write-ups from your games may appear there as well.