2020 Middle School Wrestling Information
STMA Middle School Wrestling Information
Meet Schedule: TBD
Season: Tuesday, January 19th - Friday, February 19th
Practices are held at Middle School West after school until 5:00. Please pick up your child at East by 5:15 each night.
Schedule: When we are in full Distance Learning, all students will participate all four days they have the activity.
When we are in-person learning, the middle school winter activities will mirror the hybrid academic model.
Students that are coming to school on A days (mostly Monday and Tuesday) will participate only on A days. Students who are attending school on B days (mostly Thursdays and Fridays) will participate on those days.
- Students may only participate with their group (A or B)
- Catholic School Students and students that have elected to do full distance learning will be placed into either an A group or B group. This may done to balance numbers.
- The activity fee will be reduced in half from $150 to $75 to reflect this.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on the wrestling team. Mrs. Schleicher will check to see if you are passing all of your classes at mid tri.
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or wrestle in a match that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person, from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. When in-person learning, practices follow the A/B Hybrid Academic Schedule. When in Distance Learning, all students participate all four days. Missed practices may result in reduced wrestling in matches.
- We will bus you to all road matches and back, but you may ride home with your parents after a match rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face coverings need to be worn at all times except student-athletes may remove their cloth face-covering when they have wrestling contact with another student-athlete..
- Students are separated into A/B schedule to limit numbers during in-person learning. While in Distance Learning, students are separated into pods of no more than 25.
- Students will not be assigned lockers, but there will be limited access to locker rooms for changing.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.