2021 Middle School East Baseball Information
2021 Schedule Links:
Since the grades are joined, we will follow the 8th grade schedule.
Coaches: 7th Grade - Ms. Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Ms. Murray Vedders (email@example.com).
8th Grade - Mr. Huggins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week and end at 4:45 pm. Please pick up no later than 5:00pm. All practices and home games are at East.
- You will need:
- tennis shoes
- water bottle
- face mask
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Volleyball is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
Same policy as STMA High School
- 1st violation - 2 weeks or 2 events
- Association - 1 week or 1 event
- Academic Eligibility Policy
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on in activities.
- Mid-trimester: Ineligible until passing all their classes.
- Mid-trimeste for Trimester 3 is April 23rd. Grade checks will be on April 26th.
- Attendance Policy
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a game that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face masks may be removed when actively competing but must be worn in the dugout, when indoors, or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 25.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.
Knights Baseball Highlights from 5/13 at Home vs Princeton
A team Knights baseball had a great game against Princeton, although the final score of 2-0 didn’t reflect it. The team played error free defense making many good plays that saved runs. Preston P. and Landon P. lead the way with multiple defensive outs and Trey G. pitched 3 strong innings.
Joe W. pitched an incredible strikeout to kick the knights off in the first inning against Princeton. Brodi R. took the plate then had an epic steal at 2nd and 3rd and finished the game with an RBI! Will H. stepped up to the mound and also got the Tigers to swing for a strikeout. Peyton P. With a show stopping double in the 2nd inning had everyone on their feet. Cameron M. Showed off with an inning ending catch in outfield and then later stole 3rd base. The Knights fell short to the Tigers 3-5 but showed incredible teamwork and skill.
Knights Baseball Highlights from 5/10 at Cambridge
The Knights baseball A team had a tough go of it versus Cambridge losing 4-2. Ethan J. struck out 2 hitters on the mound and always has his head in the game showing great baseball IQ.
The baseball B team took on Cambridge last night. Dylan K. stole 2nd, 3rd and home in the first run of the game. The Knights quickly racked up 6 more to clench the W against Cambridge. Will H. threw heat with a strikeout to end the 1st inning. Peyton P. with an incredible toss to 1st baseman Caden B. for another out. Landon P. and Joe W. were MVPs playing both games against Cambridge. Brodi R. reached base while Peyton B. and Michael D. scored runs. Barrett stepped up and helped the team as 1st base coach.
Knights Baseball Highlights from 5/6 at Middle School West
The Knights Baseball A team had a tough night against their MSW rivals, losing by a 10 spot. Josh L. showed real grit through 2 innings on the mound, Jake G. reached base twice and Trey G. reached twice and scored both of the runs for the Knights.
Last night was a nail biter for the Baseball B team out West. East scored 6 quick runs right away in the beginning. William H. tossed the first two innings and showed off with a couple strikeouts. William also had a couple fantastic inning ending catches in the outfield. Peyton P. eagerly took the mound for 3 innings and also showed West what we were all about with a couple strikeouts. Dylan K. showed off at 1st base and home plate. Caden B. showed incredible skill at home plate and prevented numerous steals by the opponent.
Knights Baseball Highlights from 5/3 at Big Lake
The Knights Baseball A team defeated the Big Lake Hornets 11-7 last night behind stellar pitching and timely hitting. Preston P. struck out 5 batters and AJ H. came through with some big pitches. Big Lake could not get Trey G. out as he went 4 for 5 and Joe S. smashed a huge 3 run double.
The Knights Baseball B team took a slight sting from the hornets of Big Lake last night. With the first game of the season we saw some great pitching by Landon P., Carter F. and Will H. Followed up with some awesome RBIs by Landon, Carter, Michael D. The boys showed great Knight spirit and baseball IQ.