2021 Middle School Boys Tennis Information
2021 Schedule Link: Boys Tennis Schedule
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week. All practices and home matches are at East.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Volleyball is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
Same policy as STMA High School
- 1st violation - 2 weeks or 2 events
- Association - 1 week or 1 event
- Academic Eligibility Policy
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on in activities.
- Mid-trimester: Ineligible until passing all their classes.
- Mid-trimeste for Trimester 3 is April 23rd. Grade checks will be on April 26th.
- Attendance Policy
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a match that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road matches, but you may ride home with your parents after a match rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
- Families complete daily self-health checks.
- Staff complete daily self-health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Masks must be worn by all staff and by students when in proximity to others.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 25.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.
Boys Tennis Match Highlights from 5/6 at Monticello
The STMA Boys Tennis team defeated the Monticello Magic yesterday afternoon. Doubles partners Mathias W. and Brady G., dubbed "The Dream Team", won both sets 6-4, 6-4. Doubles partners Pete L. and Hudson S. defeated the Magic 6-2, 6-1 with monster serves and overheads. The STMA Boys Tennis Team will host the Buffalo Bison at home this Tuesday.