2021 Middle School East Softball Information
2021 Schedule Links:
Since the grades are joined, we will follow the 8th grade schedule.
First Day of Practice: Monday, April 19th. Practices take place on Monday through Thursday each week and end at 4:45 pm. Please pick up no later than 5:00pm. All practices and home games are at East.
- You will need:
- tennis shoes
- water bottle
- face mask
Games: Game buses pick up at both MSE and MSW for away games. Pick up after the game will be from MSE only.
Sports Physical: Players need to have a sports physical on file in activities office. Sports physicals are valid for three years. A student with a three-year clearance that expires at any time from March 12, 2020 through the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year will have the clearance extended through the completion of the 2020-2021 school year. You need to have a sports physical on file in order to register through SmartSchoolK12 in ParentVue.
Registration: All Middle School sports registration is done online using ParentVue. The fee for Volleyball is $150.
STMA has a new online registration system, SmartSchoolK12 also known as Affinety. You will need to create a new account and add a funding source before registering. Follow the instructions on the links below. Please follow both sets of instructions to help avoid confusion. Please note, when you register for activities one of the questions asks about online school. In this case, online refers to being enrolled in a fully online school and does not represent distance learning.
Behavior: As an athlete for Middle School East, you are an ambassador of our school. As an ambassador of our school, we expect your behavior to be that of a positive model for others to see and follow.
Important Policies to remember:
- Chemical Use Eligibility Policy
Same policy as STMA High School
- 1st violation - 2 weeks or 2 events
- Association - 1 week or 1 event
- Academic Eligibility Policy
- You need to be passing all of your classes to be on in activities.
- Mid-trimester: Ineligible until passing all their classes.
- Mid-trimeste for Trimester 3 is April 23rd. Grade checks will be on April 26th.
- Attendance Policy
- You need to be in class four full periods of the day in order to practice or play in a game that night. If you have a doctor’s appointment, you may be excused from this requirement, but you need to make sure to bring a note to our attendance person from the doctor explaining that the appointment took longer than usual.
- Your coaches will expect you to be at practice every day. Missed practices may result in reduced playing time.
- We will bus you to and from all road games, but you may ride home with your parents after a game rather than ride the bus back to school. You need to have your parent sign out with your coach if you ride home with a parent. If you are planning to ride home with someone else’s parents, your parents need to notify Mrs. Schleicher of this one day in advance.
- Families complete daily self health checks.
- Staff complete daily self health checks.
- If a student exhibits symptoms, the student will be isolated from the group, and the parent will be notified and asked to pick up the student.
- Face masks may be removed when actively competing but must be worn in the dugout, when indoors, or when physical distancing is not possible.
- Students are separated into pods of no larger than 25.
- Students will come to school dressed for your activity when possible.
- Students will have limited access to locker rooms but will not be assigned lockers.
- Students need to bring all of their stuff out to their practice locations.
- Students need their own water bottles labeled with their names.
Clothes: Make sure to have warm clothes with you at all times. There will be some very cold days in the spring, so dress appropriately.
Softball Game Highlights from 5/13 at Home vs PrincetonThe combined East/West 7th and 8th grade A softball team defeated Princeton in a pitcher's duel, 3-0 Thursday. Callan W. outdueled their pitcher with an 8 strikeout, complete game shutout. Defensive highlights included a beautiful scoop and epic throw from left field to first by Dilana O., Amanda O. catching a foul fly at first, and Ava S. fielding a hot grounder at short with a quick throw out at first. Kendra B. got the offense started with a leadoff home run down the left field foul line. Emma D. followed with a bunt single and some speedy running to score the second run. Amanda O. wrapped up the scoring the next inning after hitting a double. Our next game is Monday in Cambridge.The combined 7th and 8th Grade Softball B Team lost 3-5 at last nights game against Princeton. The girls played well both in the field and at bat. Aubrey P. had a great catch at 2nd base and secured an out for STMA. Kayla W. did a great job of defending 1st base with two grounders perfectly fielded. Paityn P. cranked a ball out to left field and was able to advance two runners home while coming so close to an in the park homerun! Not to mention had 5 total strikeouts on the mound. Emerson B. and Sophia S. did a great job of protecting home plate and did fantastic jobs as catchers. Great job, Knights!
Softball Game Highlights from 5/10 at Home vs MonticelloThe combined East/West 7th and 8th grade A softball team defeated Monticello 10-0 Thursday. Kendra B. dominated the game by pitching an 11 strikeout, no hitter. In fact Kendra threw out the only batter not to strike out. She also scored our first run after leading off with a ground rule triple. Lacey B. collected two RBI on a bunt single. Although the rest of the team did not get any opportunities to shine on defense, they contributed with good hitting and aggressive baserunning on offense. Our next home game is Thursday against Princeton.7th/8th Softball Team B lost 5-10 last night against Monticello but it wasn’t for lack of effort. Kayla W. crushed the communication on the field by letting girls know where the next play should be. Reagan C. did a great job of making contact with the ball at bat and battling her way to 1st. Overall, great job Knights!
Softball Game Highlights from 5/6 at Becker
The combined East/West 7th and 8th grade A softball team defeated Becker 15 -1 Thursday. Awesome pitching by Brooklynn B., a double and single by Callan W., singles by Adrienne L., Brooklynn B., Lacey B., Amanda O., Jessica B., and aggressive running by the whole team contributed to the win. Great way to start the season girls! We open our home season on Monday against Monticello.
What a night for Knights Softball! The 7th/8th B Team won their game against Becker 9-1. The team did a fantastic job of being aggressive baserunners and communicating. Paityn P. dominated the mound with strike out after strike out! Kayla W. did a great job of protecting the infield and Kaylen M. did a great job of making sure to get the outs coming her way at first base! Great game to start a great season! Keep it up ladies!