A group of community members who are engaged with current legislation happenings and work to educate and advocate for bills that have a direct positive impact on STMA.
The mission of the STMA Legislative Action Committee (LAT) is to actively advocate for legislation that supports high quality education for all Minnesota students with a focus on issues specific to the STMA School District. In addition, the LAT will inform our community of legislative activities that pertain to public education.
- Advocate locally and at the Capitol while building relationships with legislators and state leaders.
- Educate and engage stakeholders in the political process to build grassroots support for students and schools.
Goals (Educate, Engage, and Advocate):
- Determine legislative priorities which will have the potential for the greatest positive impact on the STMA community.
- Establish reliable communication channels and advocates within the community.
- Provide education to our community on legislative priorities each session, and how they impact the STMA community.
- Request advocacy from stakeholders when their voices are most needed.
Scan here to sign up for our team and receive updates:
Information from past meetings:
- April 20, 2022 meeting
- March 30, 2022 meeting
- March 2, 2022 meeting
- February 14, 2022 meeting
- January 25, 2022 meeting
- December 8, 2021 kick-off meeting