Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-, 11th- and 12th-grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. Eleventh and 12th-grade students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one career/technical PSEO course. If they earn at least a grade C in that class, they may take additional PSEO courses.
There is no charge to PSEO students for tuition, books or fees for items that are required to participate in a course. Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09. Funds are available to help pay transportation expenses for qualifying students to participate in PSEO courses on college campuses. Schools must provide information to all students in grades 8-11 and their families by March 1, every year. Students must notify their school by May 30 if they want to participate in PSEO for the following school year. For current information about the PSEO program, visit the Minnesota Department of Education’s Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) webpage.
- Juniors- Must be in the top 33% of their class
- Seniors- Must by in the top 50% of their class
How to Apply
- All STMA students must have a meeting with their School Counselor before signing up for PSEO
- Students must have parental consent
- Complete the application for the college you wish to attend
- Complete the 3-part form in order to have your credits paid for by the district (these forms my be obtained through your guidance counselor)
Things to Consider
- PSEO participants may enroll in just one class or full time, depending on their personal goals
- Make sure you are on track for graduation at STMA High School
- It is the students responsibility to check with colleges they are planning to attend after high school graduation regarding the college's policy for accepting creditsearned under the PSEO program
- Grades earned through PSEO will stay on your permanent college and high school transcript
PSEO Informational Presentation
Please view an informational presentation on earning college credit while in high school here.