Minor consumption charges are increasing in the Wright county area. With more patrol Deputies and the increase in drinking, it is easier than ever to get a “minor”. Every case is different and is subject to many factors that the judge takes into consideration when handing down a punishment. Below are the minimal charges that a minor drinker can expect.
- 1st Minor consumption: $182.00 fine & alcohol class
- 2nd Minor consumption: $382.00 and 1 yr probation
- 3rd Minor consumption: $382.00 and 1 yr probation, alcohol assessment, and some inpatient or outpatient counseling.
All minor consumption charges are a misdemeanor and could go as high as a $1,000 fine and 30 days in jail. Remember, court is in addition and the parent/guardian must accompany child to court; this means time out of work.
Minor consumption charges also affect activities. The following is the Activity policy for STMA:
- 1st alcohol, drug or tobacco offense: 14 days of practice or 2 games (or contests), whichever is greater.
- 2nd alcohol, drug or tobacco offense: 28 days of practice or 6 games (or contests), whichever is greater.
- 3rd alcohol, drug or tobacco offense: 42 days of practice or 12 consecutive games ( or contests).
Wright County Sheriff’s Department mails notification to the activities department with the charges the week following the ticket is issued.