The St. Michael-Albertville School District 885 Mentorship program provides guidance and support for teachers new to our district.
Our mission is to improve the quality of instruction and student learning through mentoring relationships by providing experiences that foster professional and personal growth of teachers.
- Address needs and concerns of teachers new to the district
- Improve classroom teaching skills, teacher performance and student achievement
- Familiarize new teachers with the norms and expectation ofthe school, district and their profession
- Promote and support professional well-being and career development
- Increase the retention of all teachers within the district
- Expose teachers to best practice strategies for improvement of student achievement
New Teacher Workshop Days in August provide teachers with important district-level information ranging from instructional support to health care benefits.*
New teachers are assigned a colleague who will serve as a mentor, coach and professional friend during the first year. Regular monthly meetings will be scheduled.
New teachers will attend four New Teacher Study Group Sessions led by the District Mentorship Coordinator.*
New teachers receive support at a building-level as well as district-level via meetings with Building Mentorship Representatives and Instructional Coaches.
New teachers will participate in one peer observations including a pre/post relfection with the Building Mentorship Representatives, District Mentorship Coordinator, or Q Comp Advisor.
New teachers will attend three Professional Development Study Sessions led by the Mentorship Coordinator and Q Comp Advisor.
New teachers receive support at a building-level as well as district-level via meetings with Building Mentorship Representatives.